On the one hand, the debate over gun control has almost certainly ended. On the other hand, over the last 24 hours, the Internet has exploded with tirades against Mexicans taking over the America. It’s as if the Obama Administration had an inkling that firearms legislation was not going to meet with success (and where could they possibly have gotten that?) and so threw another shiny object at the base to chase for a while.
Now, don’t get this crazy idea that I’m all for amnesty, or whatever they’re happening to call it, but let’s face it, the Mexican immigrants are way too busy working their assess off at their three jobs to worry about taking over your country. They’ll just wait a decade, like every other immigrant wave, and let their bratty children who refuse to have their similar work ethic, do it for them.
1. In case you were wondering what happened to that promise to close Guantanamo Bay that Obama made a keystone of his first campaign, the government has completely given up any hope of ever doing anything about it.
2. Barack Obama will give a speech later today outlining his plan for comprehensive immigration reform. It is unlikely to include border security or law enforcement of any kind. Which means his plan is basically to continue to do what he’s been doing.
3. The Congressional Hispanic Caucus, which has been instrumental in pushing comprehensive immigration reform would like Barack Obama to please stay out of the process because he is the kiss of death to basically everything.
4. Good news! Washington’s spending problems are all made up by Fox News! So we call all get back to the business of spending more money that we don’t have.
5. Conservatives would do well to convince America that they are not the raving lunatics Hollywood portrays them to be. Not making children take oaths of loyalty to the Constitution would be a good place to start.
Happy Tuesday, everyone!